Thursday, September 30, 2010

Diagnosis

I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) thirteen days ago. Scratch that.  I was diagnosed with PCOS eight years ago, and I found out thirteen days ago. Yes, you read that right. 

So, since I have (at least) eight years of symptoms, confusion, and wasted birth control copays to wade through I couldn't think of a more 2010 way of coping than blogging about it. If I sound crazy, you can stop reading - it will only get worse. 

Anyways, back to the beginning. Thirteen days ago my husband and I were waiting in my gyno's office to try to figure out why my periods are crazy, and why we haven't been able to conceive after a year of trying.  In the middle of my professional explanation of what those "salad tong looking things do", the Dr. came in and as I always will in that weird seat, I clenched.  Without even looking at me, any of me, she asked me why we were there. After hearing my menstrual and non-pregnant woes she replied with a simple "It comes with the territory". Within the next ten seconds I was told about my 8-year old diagnosis (it would be in third grade), and made to feel like a giant idiot for not knowing, and was told I could make an appointment with the infertility specialist if I had more questions. A fantastic trip, as always. At least she didn't use the salad tongs.

So, tomorrow I am seeing the infertility specialist and hoping she is not only nicer (though, she would need to be), but also very knowledgeable and patient. I have a lot of questions.

1 comment:

  1. Dr itua herbal medicine is mighty and genuine,I use to use Melissa oil and Lavender Healing herbs but result were just still the same.But using Doctor Itua herbal medicine cured my herpes & Hepatitis C final and I have being living for 3 years now No Sores.My herpes is truly gone.Contact him if you interested of his herbal medicine too Dr itua can as well cure the following....HIV...HERPES,,,,HEPATITIS,CANCER,Neuro-infectious Disease,Neuromuscular Diseases,Diabetes,Depression,Anxiety,Hemorrhoid,Yeast infection,Lupus,Shingles,Psoriasis,Back Pain,ALS, Get ex back, Tinnitus.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Website www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete